25. Southern sea otters have flaps of skin under their forelegs that act as pockets. When diving, they use these pouches to store rocks and food.
24. More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
23. The average hummingbird weighs 3 to 4 grams, which is less than a nickel.
22. Dogs are capable of understanding up to 250 words and gestures and have demonstrated the ability to do simple mathematical calculations.
21. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
20. A flea can jump up to 200 times its own height. That is the equivalent of a human jumping the Empire State Building.
19. A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber.
18. 68% of the universe is dark energy, and 27% is dark matter; both are invisible, even with our powerful telescopes. This means we have only seen 5% of the universe from earth.
17. The founders of Google were willing to sell Google for less than 1 million dollers to Excite (now known as Ask.com) in 1999, but Excite turned them down. Google is now worth $527 Billion.
16. If you started with $0.01 and doubled your money every day, it would take 27 days to become a millionaire.
15. If you took all the blood vessels out of an average child and laid them out in one line, the line would stretch over 60,000 miles, but an adult's would be closer to 100,000 miles long.
14. A person can live without food for about a month, but only about a week without water. If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1%, you’ll feel thirsty. If it’s reduced by 10%, you’ll die.
13. Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
12. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos. This is because they want gamblers to stay longer.
11. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
10. Some worms, ribbon worms for example, will eat themselves if they can’t find any food!
9. When dolphins sleep, only half of their brains shut down, which enables them to remain vigilant to the threat of predators and to regulate their breathing to avoid drowning.
8. In France, it is legal to marry a dead person.
7. The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in court.
6. You are born with 300 bones, but by the time you are an adult you only have 206.
5. Of all the words in the English language, the word “set” has the most definitions, with about 430 definitions. The word “run” comes in close second with 396 definitions.
4. A study published in an issue of the American Journal of Medical Genetics found that European American people with blue eyes have the highest tendency of alcoholism.
3. Butterflies taste their food with their feet.
2. An adult tarantula can live without food for more than two years.
1. Ever wonder where the phrase “It’s raining cats and dogs” comes from? In the 17th century many homeless cats and dogs would drown and float down the streets of England, making it look like it literally rained cats and dogs.
25. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
24. If you lift a kangaroo's tail off the ground, it can't hop. This is because it uses its tail for balance.
23. Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
22. Bananas are curved because they go through a unique process called negative geotropism and grow against gravity and towards the sun.
21. The person who invented the Frisbee was cremated and made into frisbees after he died.
20. In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child.
19. If you somehow found a way to extract all of the gold from the bubbling core of our lovely little planet, you would be able to cover all of the land in a layer of gold up to your knees.
18. James Buchanan, the 15th U.S. president, continuously bought slaves with his own money in order to free them.
17. Earth has traveled more than 5,000 miles in the past 5 minutes.
16. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky while standing.
15. Bob Marley’s last words to his son, Ziggy, before he died were “Money can’t buy life.”
14. 10% of the World’s population is left handed.
13. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
12. A hardboiled egg will spin, but a soft-boiled egg will not.
11. Avocados contains a toxin called persin, which is poisonous to birds and large animals such as cattles and horses.
10. The word “gorilla” is derived from a Greek word meaning, “A tribe of hairy women.”
9. A woman named Janine Sugawara from California once tried to sue the makers of Cap’n Crunch, because the Crunch Berries contained “no berries of any kind.”
8. In Japan, crooked teeth are considered cute and attractive. The look is called "yaeba" in Japanese or "double tooth."
7. In New York, it is illegal to sell a haunted house without telling the buyer.
6. It is considered good luck in Japan when a sumo wrestler makes your baby cry since it wards off evil spirits.
5. Cockroaches can live for several weeks with their heads cut off, because their brains are located inside their body. They would eventually die from being unable to eat.
4. A church in the Czech Republic has a chandelier made entirely of human bones.
3. You are 1% shorter in the evening than in the morning. This is because later in the day, the cartilage in your spine is compressed by gravity. When you go to sleep, the cartilage relaxes.
2. There are 5 temples in Kyoto, Japan that have blood stained ceilings. The ceilings are made from the floorboards of a castle where warriors killed themselves after a long hold-off against an army. To this day, you can still see the outlines and footprints.
1. There is a snake, called the boomslang, whose venom causes you to bleed out from every orifice on your body. You may even turn blue from internal bleeding, and it can take up to 5 days to die from the bleeding.
25. Unless food is mixed with saliva, you can't taste it.
24. It takes 7 minutes for an average person to fall asleep.
23. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
22. 85% of plant life is found in the ocean.
21. The Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters. A, E, I, O, U, H, K, L, M, N, P, W.
20. A lobster's blood is colorless but when exposed to oxygen it turns blue.
19. Birds need gravity to be able to swallow, while other animals don't. This is because other animals have a process called peristalsis, which is a series of wave-like muscle contractions that moves food down to the stomach.
18. The most commonly used letter in the alphabet is E.
17. The three most common languages in the world are Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, and English.
16. An average cat spends 2/3 of its life sleeping.
15. When lightning strikes it can reach up to 30,000 degrees Celsius, or 54,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
14. Each time you see a full moon, you always see the same side.
13. Stewardesses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand. Try it!
12. Honey is the only natural food that never spoils.
11. Created in 1886, Coca-Cola used to contain a significant dose cocaine until 1903. Coca-Cola wouldn't become completely cocaine-free until 1929.
10. Koalas sleep about 18 hours a day.
9. The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English alphabet.
8. Sponges hold more cold water than hot. This is because cold water is more dense than hot water, so its molecules are more sluggish and don't go in opposite directions as fast as hot water molecules.
7. A hummingbird's heart rate can reach as high as 1,260 beats per minute.
6. Cows don't have upper front teeth.
5. Your skin is the largest organ of your body.
4. Cats are unable to move their jaws sideways.
3. A group of frogs is called an army.
2. The country of Brazil was named after the brazilwood tree.
1. The Great Wall of China is approximately 6,430 kilometers, or 3,995 miles, long.
Spectral CountdownZ is a series on YouTube that gives a list or ranking of a particular topic with facts.
Hello \(^.^)/ Thank you for Visiting. Please check these out too: